You can gain a lot from taking Vitamin C either through ingestion or applying it to the skin. It relieves sunburn and reduces wrinkles as it stimulates the production of elastin and collagen.
Some facial creams and lotions have Vitamin C. Taking it orally through tablets or capsules can also let you gain skin benefits. Without prior experience, you may ask yourself: how to use Vitamin C tablets for skin whitening?
When ingesting Vitamin C, it can activate its anti-inflammatory properties to soothe inflammation and heal wounds quicker. To know the right procedures, take some time to read this article.
The Way Vitamin C Whitens Your Skin
Do vitamin C tablets lighten skin? Studies confirmed that Vitamin C can lighten the skin. It can also reduce the pigmentation caused by harsh UV rays. Furthermore, it’s known for its anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful for injured parts.
There are antioxidants in Vitamin C for skin lightening. Therefore, you can gain healthy, radiant, and youthful skin through its help! It doesn’t allow free radicals that may be caused by pollution, sunlight, and smoking to damage your skin.
Vitamin C is responsible for synthesizing collagen, which is one of the building blocks of your skin and parts of dry skin. Moreover, it exfoliates the skin to get rid of dead skin cells and allow your skin to retrieve the lost glow. Supplement of Vitamin C ensures the amount of collagen to maintain the plumpness of your skin.
Though you can get Vitamin C from eating fruits and vegetables, some beneficial ingredients are added to Vitamin C tablets or Vitamin C capsules for the skin. Take glutathione as an example.
Experts have found out that taking tablets or capsules with glutathione can eliminate dark spots as it whitens the skin. You can find effective Vitamin C tablets and they will be featured in the following section.
Related Article: Under Eye Primers
List of Reliable Vitamin C Tablets
You’re now convinced that it’s a smart move to use Vitamin C tablets to lighten the skin. But you will be bothered about which one to choose. You may prefer Vitamin C capsules for your face, but I listed the esteemed brand of Vitamin C tablets for you to choose from.
1. Sundown Naturals Vitamin C
This product not only strengthens your immune system but also delivers antioxidant support so you can have healthy skin. Apart from not having artificial flavors, it’s safe gluten-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, and wheat-free.
2. Now Vitamin C
The performance of this whitening tablet is boosted by additional ingredients called citrus bioflavonoid complex and rose hips. It works on the immune system too, as your skin benefits from its anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
3. Swanson Time-Released Vitamin C
Rose hips are found in its formula to take care of cardiovascular issues. It’s an antioxidant so it’s noteworthy to be known as one of the best whitening products. This is suitable for individuals who have a low glucose tolerance.
4. Puritans Pride Premium Timed Release C-1000
If you’re into flavors, you will like this as every tablet tastes like orange. Note that it’s specially made for people who are conscious about their diet but want to strengthen their immune system. It’s loved by vegetarians since it’s gluten-free and made from natural ingredients.
5. Neocell Super Collagen Vitamin C
Although this tablet is the last on the list, it doesn’t mean that it’s inferior among other options. Besides Vitamin C, it has 92% glutathione to amplify hydration. It can work around 21% to 50% hydration of your skin. Then, it soothes and adds 60% softness to your skin. You’ll appreciate it more since it’s gluten-free and void of GMOs.
6. Member’s Mark Vitamin C
These tablets have zinc and natural rose hips aside from Vitamin C or citrus bioflavonoids. They empower the immune system and protect your cells. It’s also an excellent antioxidant that can maintain the youthful glow of your skin. Additionally, it’s gluten-free so it’s safe.
Related Article: Best Whitening Masks
Possible Adverse Effects of Vitamin C Tablets
- An allergic reaction may occur. Thus, it’s best to consult your dermatologist before starting to take Vitamin C to lighten the skin. Some may experience rashes or pimple outbreaks because of this.
- Vitamin C can interfere with the normal production of glutathione in the body.
- Some whitening products may contain hydroquinone which is a harmful substance.
- Some Vitamin C tablets have stabilizers to lengthen their shelf life. These may lower the potency of Vitamin C.
- Some of these tablets are neutralized by sodium bicarbonate which is not good for the stomach. When it affects your stomach, it ends the potency of Vitamin C.
If you notice some adverse effects, you better stop taking the tablet and ask for advice from a dermatologist.
What You Can Do When Using Vitamin C Tablets for Skin Whitening
You can’t just ingest Vitamin C tablets all the time. It’s okay to mix it with serum or moisturizer to apply Vitamin C on the face. You may also try to combine it with yogurt to create a face mask. With this confirmation, can you crush Vitamin c tablets? Yes, you can!
The best Vitamin C is ascorbic acid, so you have to choose it in making your solution. However, you should know that it becomes unstable when mingled with water. That’s why it’s wise to make a fresh batch of your solution within a specified period. Here’s a step-by-step guide in making the solution and applying it to your face.
- Get twenty pieces of 500mg L-ascorbic acid tablets for 100ml of distilled water. This will result in a 10% Vitamin C concentration. Your ascorbic acid topical must contain five to twenty percent of Vitamin C to be effective.
- Before application, wash your face first with water and soap to remove oil and other impurities. Dry your face by patting it with a towel.
- Dip a piece of cotton in the solution that you’ve made. Then, gently dab it throughout your face and neck.
- You don’t need to wash your face after application as the rejuvenation commences and lasts up to three days. The remaining solution should be placed in an opaque jar and put in the refrigerator for storage. When the solution turns yellow, it means that the potency of Vitamin C is gone.