Learn how to get rid of redness on the face fast using simple remedies. Do you suffer from redness in the face, which you find unsightly? Do not panic, redness is not inevitable.
What are the causes of redness on the face? How to reduce redness and regain a solid complexion?
What Causes Redness on the Face?
People with redness on the face are often those with fair and thin skin, however, they are not the only ones concerned! The cause is either hyper-reactive skin or a skin disease.
1. Hyper-reactive skin: skin that reddens at the slightest opportunity
When redness appears on the face, it is the blood vessels present in the dermis that are involved. They expand and become more visible, in response to different situations:
- Sudden emotion, such as increased stress, shyness, or anger
- Sudden temperature change or exposure to extreme temperatures
- In reaction to rubbing or certain cosmetics and make-up products
- Hot flashes
- Consumption of alcohol, certain foods or medications
In some people, redness appears very easily because of heredity, we then speak of so-called vasoreactive skin.
Blood vessels are very sensitive to it, more sensitive than average. Also, the older the skin, the more sensitive it is to redness.
Depending on the stimulus that caused the blood vessels to react, the redness may be temporary and last from a few minutes to a few hours.
If the redness sets in overtime and is accompanied by other symptoms, such as itching, lesions, swelling, or burning, then the hypothesis of skin disease should be considered.
2. Redness and skin disease: Rosacea, and Contact Dermatitis
Among the blood vessels that nourish the skin of the face are the blood capillaries.
These are very thin and very sensitive vessels, almost on the surface of the skin, which react easily to attacks.
In some cases, the dilation of these vessels creates plaques on the face, more or less pronounced and extensive.
They can remain permanently on the face, or appear intermittently. We then speak of rosacea or Contact Dermatitis. These three names designate the same disease, but at different stages:
- Contact Dermatitis causes diffuse redness on the face
- Rosacea is characterized by the appearance of small transparent vessels
- It forms plaques that are often accompanied by swelling or pimples
If the origin of this disease is still unknown, researchers believe that it is an extreme form of hyper-reactivity of the skin.
If you find yourself in the above symptoms, accompaniment by a dermatologist is recommended. For skin that is “simply” reactive, it is advisable to take care of your skin with suitable products and procedures.
How to Reduce Face Redness Naturally
The first approach would be using a face cream that works to soothe the skin complexion. It camouflages skin irritations and rosacea.
And it is well infused with skin nourishing and anti-aging properties (colloidal oatmeal, aloe, peptides, and collagen) for an instant transformation.
1. Use the Bye-Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream
This is a hybrid skincare product specifically formulated for face redness. It contains a skin-soothing formula that includes ingredients such as avocado, aloe, and colloidal oatmeal.
Bye-Bye Redness Correcting and Neutralizing Cream have been proven to be a legit bye-bye redness product. You can choose to wear it alone or under makeup.
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness
- Hold an ice cube over the blemish for a few minutes to minimize swelling and mask acne-related redness. Wipe away excess moisture and apply Bye Bye Redness on the outer edges, working inward.
- Apply to well cleansed, hydrated skin. Blend using Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush #7 for color-correcting complete coverage that is faultless. Can be worn with or without makeup.
2. Apply the Redness Relief Night Creme
Use this cream on the affected areas for fast relief.
The Redness Relief Night crème works by soothing and hydrating the skin adequately to relieve redness and sensitivity.
It is enriched with licorice root extract which is known for its skin-soothing effectiveness.
It is dye-free, Non-comedogenic, and fragrance-free.
Eucerin Redness Relief Night Creme
- Reduce nighttime redness for sensitive and red-prone skin
- Soothing and moisturizing formula
- Licochalcone, a skin-soothing extract of licorice root, is included.
3. Use the Goodbye Redness mask
This is calming for sensitive and redness-prone skin. This goodbye redness mask is made from Centella Asiatica extract. It is suitable for blemished skin.
It works to soothe your delicate skin and maximumly protect and hydrate it harmful components.
BENTON Good Bye Redness Centella Mask Pack
- Whether your skin is sensitive, irritated, overheated, etc., the Goodbye Redness Mask Pack will actively calm your skin and protect it from further damage.
- Effectively distributing the nutrients without causing any discomfort, the eco-friendly S-cell sheet has a tight and sensitive fit even around the curves of the face.
4. Favor the cold
Skin prone to redness needs to be protected from external aggressions and treated gently. So avoid overheated showers and wash your face with hot water.
Heat tends to dilate blood vessels and amplify redness on the face, so use the cold to wash your face.
5. Gently cleanse to remove make-up
Of course, the choice of products making up your daily skincare routine is also very important: use gentle products, respectful of the skin, and its natural pH, and suitable for sensitive and reactive skin.
Better to remove makeup with oil, and apply the oil with your fingertips, to avoid rubbing with cotton or a cleaning wipe.
Avoid using soap to remove makeup and cleanse the skin, because they are too stripping and harsh to sensitive skin.
6. Use adequate hydration to reduce redness on the face
To reduce redness on the face, take time each day to hydrate, and nourish your skin.
These actions strengthen the hydrolipidic film, the barrier composed of water and lipids which protect your skin against external aggressions.
If your skin is nourished and hydrated, it will be less sensitive to temperature differences, pollution, friction, and redness will naturally reduced.
For deep hydration, you can bet on anti-aging serum! The serum and moisturizer give you an anti-aging and soothing action on a daily basis.
Once or twice a week, you can strengthen their effects using a collagen mask, with a reinforced moisturizing formula!
Finally, to restore your skin to perfectly plump in the morning, before going on to make-up, you can use beauty restorative care.
A gentle and restorative treatment, suitable for all skin types, which hydrates and plumps the skin deeply, for an immediate healthy glow effect.
7. Think of using makeup to camouflage facial redness
If after taking care of your skin, there is some redness, it is quite possible to camouflage it with suitable makeup.
To neutralize redness, it is recommended to use a green skin color corrector. Once the concealer is gently applied, apply your foundation with a brush.
To avoid causing redness on the face, be careful in your procedure to apply makeup: do not rub, apply the materials delicately with a brush. On the reddest areas, you can finalize the makeup using a concealer, with small local touches. Finalize with a veil of powder.