Body acne isn’t a glamorous thing to talk about. It can bring many insecurities, and worse, lots of pain to our face and body if not treated properly.
That’s where salicylic acid comes in. This acid is a beta hydroxy acid that treats acne by exfoliating dead skin and dissolving oil and grime stuck deep in the pore. Such acne body washes a godsend for acne-prone skin.
While it’s a holy grail for face acne, it performs the same magic for body breakouts! So if you have back or chest acne, you need the best salicylic acid body wash you can find.
14 Salicylic Acid Body Washes for Everyday Use
1. CeraVe SA Body Wash
The CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash is a highly-regarded dermatologist-recommended body wash for acne. It contains salicylic acid to exfoliate dead skin cells keeping your complexion looking dull. This acne body wash helps smoothen out rough and bumpy skin as a result of body breakouts.
It’s infused with niacinamide to help strengthen the skin barrier and help manage oil production. It also contains a couple of essential ceramides to moisturize the skin and keep it hydrated for hours.
All the ingredients work hand in hand to soothe redness and inflammation brought about by body acne. It’s a great acne body wash to have on-hand for those days when your acne is making your skin feel extra rough and irritated.
It was also formulated with sensitive skin types in mind. In truth, the wash was non-comedogenic, so you never have to worry about it clogging your pores. It also doesn’t contain chemicals like fragrance, which normally irritates your face and body more.
The only issue with this body wash is that, like many gently-formulated soaps, it doesn’t give off that much of a satisfyingly foamy lather with lots of bubbles. That said, its gentle lather doesn’t mean this soap is any less effective.
- Salicylic acid exfoliates rough, bumpy skin to make it smoother
- Niacinamide helps repair and strengthen the skin barrier
- Contains essential ceramides to hydrate the skin
- Soothes any inflammation from acne on your body
- Formulated to be non-comedogenic and fragrance-free
- Doesn’t create that much of a foamy lather
This CeraVe body wash with salicylic acid is a cult-favorite you cannot miss out on. It’s from a renowned skincare brand recommended by top dermatologists. And if that’s not enough, it does wonder to treat acne, smoothen out a rough complexion, and keep your skin barrier healthy too.
2. Solimo Clarifying Body Wash
This Solimo body wash features 2% salicylic acid, which is more than enough of a concentration to treat body acne, especially in the problematic chest and back areas. It cleanses the skin thoroughly while treating pimples all over the body.
Its formula contains gentle gelatin beads that help exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead skin cells. This wash helps brighten the skin and get rid of dullness on your face and body.
Dermatologists have tested this formula to ensure that it is safe to use on sensitive and acne-prone skin. So you know it will work for even the most bothersome acne issues.
A little bit of this body wash goes a long way. Even if you only take a small amount, it lathers up well in a satisfying, bubbly foam.
I love the pink grapefruit scent this gives off. It’s enough to keep the skin feel refreshed and smelling fruity throughout the day.
Since this is a clarifying body wash, it’s a bit stripping and tends to leave the skin a bit dry. Make sure you follow up with a nice body lotion or light oil to compensate for the moisture lost.
- Features 2% salicylic acid to combat body breakouts
- Has gentle gelatin beads to exfoliate dead skin cells
- Dermatologist-tested to be safe on sensitive, acne-prone skin
- Lathers up in a frothy foam with just a little bit of product
- Has a refreshing pink grapefruit scent to keep the skin smelling fruity
- Can leave the skin dry, so you need to follow up with lotion
This salicylic acid body scrub by Solimo leaves an outstanding impression because of its power to eliminate body breakouts and dead skin cells while leaving the skin smelling heavenly.
3. Revitale Salicylic Acid Scrub Soap
This pink soap from Revitale is infused with salicylic acid and apricot kernel beads. These acne-fighting ingredients help exfoliate the skin, allowing a brighter, healthier complexion to resurface and shine through.
The anti-blemish body soap thoroughly cleanses your skin. It has a gorgeous, rich lather that gets rid of all the gunk and grime from a long day, including acne-causing oils and toxins. It also unclogs congested skin and pores to help prevent body acne, leaving your complexion blemish-free.
This bar soap also helps soothe the skin to make it soft h and supple to the touch. It does so by sloughing off calluses, warts, bumps from previous pimples, and anything else that can leave the skin rough.
This soap also leaves the skin smelling fresh and pleasant. The scent is light yet invigorating, so it’s not too overwhelming. It’s a fantastic option for those with a sensitive nose.
But a word of warning—the apricot kernels can be a bit rough and scratchy if you rub the soap directly on the skin too hard. Make sure you go gentle on your skin when exfoliating to avoid irritation from the scratchiness.
- Beads made of apricot kernels exfoliate the skin for a healthier complexion
- Thoroughly cleanses the body, eliminating acne-causing toxins
- Unclogs congested pores to prevent body acne
- Softens the skin by removing calluses, warts, and roughness from acne
- The scent is fresh yet light, never overwhelming
- The apricot kernels beads can be too scratchy, so go gentle on your skin
This body scrub with salicylic acid is a terrific option for those who prefer bar soap over shower gel. It provides the same acne combatant and exfoliating power but with more convenience.
4. Neutrogena Body Wash
This Neutrogena body clear wash is formulated with salicylic acid and little microbeads for added exfoliation. Together, they treat and prevent acne in problem areas like the back, chest, and shoulders.
It’s formulated with the brand’s unique Micro Clear technology, which allows the active ingredients to cut through oil and reach your congested pores swiftly to work their magic. Thus, I adore this Neutrogena body clear wash when it comes to acne fighting.
It’s infused with grapefruit extract and antioxidant-rich vitamin C. These ingredients help detoxify the skin even more, and to a degree, brightens the complexion.
This salicylic acid shower gel never leaves behind a greasy residue on the skin. That said, it doesn’t dry out the skin either, leaving it just the right amount of hydration.
This particular set gives great value for money because you get three bottles in one pack.
One thing to watch out for when using this body wash is that the pink color can stain between your bathroom tiles. They may be a hassle to remove if they build-up, but it’s worth it for what this salicylic acid soap can do for dreaded body acne.
- Features salicylic acid to treat acne on the back, chest, and shoulders
- Micro Clear technology to cut through oil and get to the pores
- Grapefruit extract and vitamin C purify the skin
- Doesn’t leave behind a greasy residue but doesn’t overdry the skin
- Set of three provides terrific value for money
- Can leave pink stains in between bathroom tiles
The Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash is an icon for teenagers and young adults alike who suffer from body acne. It’s excellent at treating and keeping acne at bay, so it’s a fabulous addition to your bathroom shelf.
5. Proactiv Deep Cleansing Body Wash
When it comes to battling face acne, Proactiv is king. But just the same, its body washes are outstanding at zapping away body acne. This deep cleansing body wash containing salicylic acid is just one of those.
The potent formula contains 2% salicylic acid, which helps unclog stuffy pores and dissolve the sebum trapped within them. It also manages excess oil production on the skin to ensure you don’t break out some more. It also has gentle beads to exfoliate any dead skin lying on the surface manually.
This body wash prevents any future breakouts from occurring, which is great if you’re prone to acne all over the body. It also leaves the skin feeling refreshed and squeaky clean because of its deep cleansing, which is always satisfying.
It comes in a huge 16oz bottle, which is more than enough for everyday showers for about 90 days.
Like many body washes formulated without harsh cleansers, this body wash only provides a very mild lather. That means you won’t experience the luxurious foaminess other soaps can achieve.
- 2% salicylic acid to manage excess sebum production and clogged pores
- Gentle beads exfoliate your complexion to eliminate dead skin cells
- Helps prevent future acne breakouts to maintain clear skin
- Leaves the skin feeling refreshed and clean
- Huge 16oz bottle that can last you up to three months of showers
- Provides only a mild lather that isn’t so foamy
Proactiv products are always top-notch when it comes to acne care, and this body wash is part of the big leagues when it comes to body acne. With its combo of salicylic acid and fine micro-beads, it’s a splendid everyday soap to use to prevent back and chest acne.
6. Black Wolf Activated Charcoal Body Wash
For men facing the struggle of breakouts in the back and chest, this Black Wolf body wash will be exquisite for you.
It’s made with activated charcoal, known to penetrate the skin deeply to absorb all the excess grime and oil clogging the pores. The ingredient works in tandem with salicylic acid, which dissolves sebum in the skin while treating active acne. It’s also fantastic at soothing redness and inflammation on your skin.
This anti-fungal formula works to kill germs that can cause fungal infections, which men are more prone to. Because of its potent cleaning action, it can also wash away oil and impurities that can cause pimples on your body in the long run.
Notably, the body wash features a fresh, herbal scent that can give any man a boost of confidence. It smells of sage and citrus, with a dash of coconut.
The only thing is that you will need to use a lot of this body wash to clean your entire body. It doesn’t lather that well, so you may end up using more shower gel than you’re used to.
- Activated charcoal penetrates deep into the pores to absorb sebum
- Salicylic acid treats acne while soothing redness and irritation
- Anti-fungal formula eliminates germs to avoid fungal infections & pimples
- Washes away oil and impurities that can cause acne
- Features a sage, citrus, and coconut scent
- Requires a lot of it in one use to wash your whole body
This Black Wolf body wash is an awesome gift for men who have constant breakouts in their back or chest area. The combination of activated charcoal and salicylic acid makes it a powerhouse body wash for problematic skin.
Best Primers for Textured Skin
7. Touch Keratosis Pilaris Exfoliating Wash
Most body washes that contain salicylic acid rely on only one active ingredient to treat acne. But this body wash by Touch contains glycolic acid as well, amping up the soap’s efficiency.
Glycolic and salicylic acid work together to exfoliate your skin and eliminate impurities deep within the pores and hair follicles. They also slough off dead skin to brighten up your complexion to make it look more even.
These acids treat active acne, getting rid of inflammation and redness to soothe the skin. Besides, the body wash is also useful for those with keratosis pilaris and other sensitive skin types.
Bathing with this wash transforms your skin from rough and textured to smooth and bump-free. It also leaves it soft to the Touch, thanks to hydrating ingredients like aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E. These ingredients strengthen the skin while keeping it plump.
But be careful where you use this body wash. If you wash open cuts and wounds with it as you bathe, it may cause a tingling, burning sensation that hurts because of the acid components.
- Glycolic acid & salicylic acid to exfoliate the pores and hair follicles deeply
- Brightens the skin tone
- Treats active acne and keratosis pilaris
- Smooths out rough and textured skin from acne
- Contains aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin E for hydration
- Can cause a burning sensation when applied to wounds
This Touch body wash has the top-quality ingredients and acids needed for a fabulous and efficient body soap with salicylic acid. Thanks to glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and other hydrating ingredients, you can treat your problematic skin and get soft, smooth skin simultaneously.
8. Revitale Advanced Salicylic Acid
This Revitale soap is infused with small crushed almond and walnut shells. It makes it easier to use the soap as a scrub which helps manually buff away impurities and dirt sitting on your body.
Te skin clearing body wash has salicylic acid to penetrate deep into the skin and unclog pores filled with excess sebum. It also helps exfoliate the skin, sloughing off the dead skin on your skin’s surface. Such an effect reveals brighter, healthier skin lying underneath.
It’s also formulated with sulfur, which helps absorb excess oil in your acne to dry them out and heal them. And to replenish the skin with moisture and strength, the body wash also contains vitamin E.
This body wash soothes inflamed skin suffering from active acne, providing relief. It also works to eliminate redness to keep your skin glowy and radiant instead.
While this soap has a light almond fragrance, it also has a sulfur smell that is quite strong. It can end up overpowering the almond scent, so that’s something to consider before purchasing this soap.
- Has crushed almond and walnut shells to xfoliate and buff the skin
- Salicylic acid unclogs pores & slough off dead skin to reveal healthier skin
- Sulphur dries out pimples by absorbing excess oil
- Enriched with vitamin E to nourish and strengthen the skin
- Soothes the skin of any redness and inflammation from active acne
- The sulphur smell can be strong and overpower the soap’s almond scent
This Revitale soap with salicylic acid brings together chemical and manual exfoliants to give your skin the best rejuvenation and deepest cleanse possible. Its unique ingredients treat acne all over the body while still nourishing it.
9. Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp
Salicylic acid isn’t just for acne. You can also use it to exfoliate flaky skin due to delicate skin conditions like psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. Home Health’s versatile body wash targets those conditions not just on your body but also on the scalp.
The agent is formulated with 2% salicylic acid to help slough off dead, flaky skin, be it in the form of dirt and impurities on your body that can cause acne.
It also contains soothing and nourishing ingredients like aloe vera, carrot, and jojoba oils. Allantoin is infused into the formula as well to provide instant relief from itching and irritation.
This natural body wash is made only with gentle ingredients that won’t harm your skin. In truth, it doesn’t have any of the harsh chemicals like phthalates, parabens, and soap.
Note that this body wash has a thin and watery consistency, which can sometimes be challenging to handle. For one thing, it makes it more challenging to get a rich, foamy lather going in the shower.
- Versatile and can be used as both a shampoo and body wash
- Has 2% salicylic acid to exfoliate dead skin and dandruff
- Aloe vera, carrot and jojoba oils moisturize the skin
- Allantoin and other rich oils provide instant relief for irritation
- Formulated with gentle ingredients, without phthalates, parabens & soap
- Hard to get a lather going because of its watery consistency
If you want a more moisturizing body wash with the same healing and exfoliating power salicylic acid has to offer, this one by Home Health is the one for you. The best thing about it is that you can use it as a shampoo too!
10. Every Man Jack Purifying Body Wash
Here’s another body wash for men—this one by Every Man Jack is made mostly of natural ingredients suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin.
It contains salicylic acid to treat active acne while preventing new breakouts from happening in the future. It’s coupled with activated charcoal, which is known to penetrate deep into your pores to suck up and extracts all the trapped sebum that makes pimples more inflamed.
This clear body wash for men also has a few other powerhouse ingredients for hydrating and relief. Aloe vera softens the skin while moisturizing it, while tea tree oil refreshes and soothes inflammation and irritation.
It is formulated with sensitive skin in mind, so it doesn’t contain harsh and irritating chemicals like unnecessary dyes, parabens, and phthalates. So if you have sensitive skin that gets congested easily or is prone to rashes, this will fit you well.
One con about this body wash is that while the refreshing scent is pleasant and adds a boost of confidence, it’s not strong enough to last. It lingers only for a while post-shower but doesn’t stick to your skin for hours.
- Salicylic acid treats active acne & prevents new breakouts
- Activated charcoal penetrates deep in the pore to extract the sebum
- Aloe vera and tea tree refresh and soothe the skin
- Contains coconut-derived surfactants for a gentle yet thorough cleanse
- Without harsh ingredients like dyes, parabens, and phthalates
- The scent isn’t strong enough to linger
If you struggle with body acne, give this body wash a try to enjoy its natural ingredients and the power of salicylic acid. It can help get rid of the chest and back acne while nourishing the skin with gentle botanical ingredients.
11. Botanic Tree Glycolic Acid Wash
This exfoliating body wash contains glycolic acid and salicylic acid, both known chemical exfoliants that can treat acne and sensitive conditions like keratosis pilaris. They exfoliate the skin to get rid of impurities and dead skin clogging the pores.
These acids also help brighten the skin in the process, so this body wash is a great option for dull skin with bumps and scars that need lightening. Mark my words; the wash leaves you with smooth, clear skin.
This clear body wash is also enriched with aloe vera and botanical extracts from tea tree, lavender, thyme, ylang-ylang, and more. These soothe inflamed skin and add light hydration to make your skin soft and smooth.
The formula is sulfate-free, so it won’t strip your skin of healthy, much-needed moisture. It’s perfect for dry skin that always needs at least some hydration at all times.
The only thing to watch out for with this body wash is that it increases your risk of sunburn because of the formula’s acids. When using this body wash, make sure you slather your skin in SPF before heading out the door.
- Glycolic acid and salicylic acid treat and reduce keratosis pilaris and acne
- Brightens up dull skin that’s full of bumps and scars
- Contains aloe vera and extracts from tea tree, lavender, and ylang-ylang for soothing
- Hydrates the skin to leave it soft and smooth
- Sulfate-free, so it won’t strip skin of moisture
- Can make your skin more prone to sunburn because of the acids
This sulfate-free formula is perfect for sensitive skin that hates being stripped of moisture. Salicylic acid helps eliminate acne and keratosis pilaris, while the rest of its botanical ingredients soothe and nourish the skin.
12. Misumi Blemish Clear Body Wash
The Misumi body wash is made with a unique blend of skin-friendly acids ranging from salicylic to glycolic to lactic acid. This combo of acids provides the utmost exfoliation to renew the skin and treat acne from the root cause deep in the pores.
The body wash is formulated with sugarcane, pineapple, and blueberry extracts to unclog the pores and buff away dead skin. These ingredients allow your skin to look brighter and more radiant.
Furthermore, it contains lavender, which has anti-aging properties. Lavender helps stimulate collagen production in the skin, delaying the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to keep your skin firm and youthful.
This body wash softens the skin and gives it enough moisture and conditioning. Your skin can smooth out the bumpiness from previous breakouts. It’s also gentle enough to be used even on sensitive skin areas, like the inner thighs, underarms, buttocks, and more.
The only downside to this body wash is that the tube it comes in is quite small, holding just 120ml of product. Because it comes in a small bottle, you may have to repurchase this body wash often.
- A blend of salicylic, glycolic, lactic acid for exfoliation & acne treatment
- Sugarcane, pineapple, and blueberries unclog pores and shed dead skin
- Lavender stimulates collagen production to keep the skin firm
- Softens and conditions the skin to smoothen out bumpiness
- Gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin areas
- The 120ml bottle is quite small, so you have to repurchase often
This body wash by Misumi gives you the miracle acne-fighting properties of glycolic and salicylic acid coupled with the exfoliating power of fruit and botanical extracts. Use it all over your body—even those sensitive areas—for a blemish-free complexion.
13. Life-flo Salicylic Acid 2% Body Wash
This Life-flo body wash contains 2% salicylic acid. The ingredient helps exfoliate the skin and removes dirt and impurities that may be suffocating your otherwise healthy, clear skin.
Notably, the salicylic acid helps break down the oil in your pores that could one day turn onto pesky pimples. So, you can rely on this body wash for acne fighting.
This formula refreshes and purifies the skin without making it feel parched and stripped of healthy moisture. It contains hydrating extracts, like chamomile and arnica, which are great for softening the skin to make it supple and smooth.
This body wash doesn’t contain unnecessary chemicals like dyes and fragrances that can end up irritating the skin and making you break out even more. That said, it gives off a minty aroma, thanks to natural peppermint oil that wakes you up in the shower.
While this body wash is truly refreshing, it can be difficult to create a good lather with it. It only forms a mild lather under running water instead of a foamy one.
- Exfoliates the skin using 2% salicylic acid to remove dead skin & impurities
- Breaks down oil deposits in your pores that could turn into acne breakouts
- Refreshes the skin without stripping it of natural, healthy moisture
- Chamomile and arnica extracts soften the skin for a supple feel
- Has no potentially irritating ingredients like dye & fragrance
- Smells like mint thanks to peppermint oil
- Difficult to create a foamy, bubbly lather with this soap
If you love a minty shower and need extra help with managing acne in your body, this Life-flo salicylic acid wash is just for you. It treats stubborn acne while still leaving your skin soft and supple.
14. COSRX Calming Body Cleanser
COSRX is a cult-favorite beauty brand in Korea, a country primarily known for its skincare technologies and innovations. So it only makes sense that its salicylic acid body cleanser is highly effective but still gentle and good for the skin.
Salicylic acid works to calm active pimples and treat them so they can heal faster. It also contains glycerin and panthenol, both ingredients known to add light hydration to the skin without being overly nourishing.
This body wash was designed explicitly for those with a sensitive, acne-prone complexion. The relief it provides is perfect for those with troubled skin. One of the ways it calms the skin is with its cooling effect when used in the shower.
With just one product pump, you can create a beautiful, luxuriously foamy lather with this body wash. That means it offers us a comfortable and relaxing bath after a long day of work.
The only issue I have with this body wash is that while it’s unscented, its ingredients create a somewhat alcohol-like scent. While it doesn’t linger and disappears after you bathe, it can still be distracting to use in the shower.
- Salicylic acid calms and treats inflamed acne all over your body
- Contains glycerin and panthenol to hydrate the skin lightly
- Designed just for sensitive and acne-prone skin that needs extra relief
- Has a cooling effect when you use it, to add to the calming benefits
- A small amount of this cleanser to get a beautiful, foamy lather
- Smells of alcohol, which can be distracting in the shower
If you have acne-prone skin from head to toe and have been curious about K-beauty and skincare, you can turn to this COSRX body wash to treat those pimples effectively.
What to Look for When Buying a Salicylic Acid Body Wash
- Treats acne and body breakouts, soothing distracting inflammation
The main purpose of using a body wash with salicylic acid is to treat those deep, painful red bumps on your body, specifically in your back and chest.
The salicylic acid in your body wash should be able to soothe inflammation while dissolving oil deep in your pores to treat your acne.
- Not too strong or irritating on sensitive skin
Acids can be irritating on extremely sensitive skin, causing rashes and more inflammation. If you have sensitive skin, try to stick to lower salicylic acid concentrations, like 0.5-2%.
- Manages excess sebum production on your body
The main cause of acne on your body is excessive oil production. The good news is that salicylic acid helps manage that. Look for the best salicylic acid body wash that won’t make you feel greasy post-shower.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Body Washes Contain Salicylic Acid
There are many options for renowned brands that contain salicylic acid. You can take your pick among big, dermatologist-recommended brands like CeraVe, Proactiv, and Neutrogena, or smaller, up-and-coming ones like Revitale and Touch. Another crowd favorite is the Murad Acne Body Wash.
Does Dove Body Wash have Salicylic Acid
Dove focuses more on creamy, nourishing body washes that are ultra-gentle. So no, most if not all Dove body washes contain salicylic acid.
What Product has The Most Salicylic Acid
When it comes to salicylic acid, less is more. It’s not wise to look for the most salicylic acid product, but rather what product has the most effective salicylic acid concentration.
2% salicylic acid is a strong, effective concentration. Body washes with this concentration include the Solimo Clarifying Pink Grapefruit Body Wash and the Proactiv Deep Cleansing Body Wash.
Is 2% Salicylic Acid Strong
Generally, a 2 salicylic acid body wash is safe to use even by sensitive skin. But if it’s your first time using salicylic acid and you have sensitive, irritation-prone skin, you might want to start with a lower concentration. Go with a 0.5% salicylic body wash first, and then gradually move up to 2% over time.
So next time you’re shopping for shower products, keep your eyes peeled for the best salicylic acid body wash you can find. Not only will it treat body breakouts, but it can also brighten and clear up the skin.
Amp up your skin confidence by bagging any of these body washes. You’ll finally be able to wear that backless dress without having to worry about acne!