Soaps and antibacterial body washes are usually mindless purchases at the drugstore. As long as it’s from a good brand, it should be efficient at cleaning the body, right?
But if you’re the type to sweat a lot from frequent workouts or like to spend time in the great outdoors, your run-of-the-mill body wash won’t cut it. You’re more susceptible to fungal infections like jock itch, ringworm, and more, so it’s important to eliminate those at the onset.
You need the best antibacterial body wash to get rid of not only dirt, oil, and impurities on your skin but also infection-causing fungi and germs that can cling to it.
Having an antimicrobial body wash within reach in your bathroom can give you the extra reassurance that you’re caring for your health as you shower. No more itchy skin and rashes from fungal infections—just clean, healthy skin that’s comfortable and infection-free.
14 Anti-Bacterial Body Washes for Everyday Use
1. Dial Antibacterial Deodorant Soap
Dial has always been known for its high-quality and great-smelling soaps, and this one is no exception. This antibacterial deodorant soap leaves your skin smelling fresh and clean, so it’s a fantastic deodorant if you often sweat because of workouts and visits to the gym.
It’s designed with the brand’s unique and trusted deodorant protection technology that can kill odor-causing bacteria and other harmful germs on your body. This leaves your skin smelling great long after you shower.
The soap creates a satisfyingly creamy lather after running it through the water. The creaminess restores moisture on the skin, balancing it out. Because of this, your skin won’t be left feeling dry and flaky, just supple and smooth.
This Dial antibacterial body wash offers excellent value for money because it comes at an economical price and gives you eight bars of soap in one set.
- Has a fresh, clean scent, so it doubles as a deodorant
- Made with a trusted protection technology that kills odor-causing bacteria
- Creates a creamy lather that restores moisture balance on your skin
- Excellent value for money because you get eight bars in one pack
- Can leave a sticky residue on the skin
This Dial soap may be the best antibacterial body soap for anyone looking for basic and simple yet super-effective germ protection. It’s great at eliminating odors caused by bacteria while leaving your skin clean, healthy, and moisturized.
2. Hibiclens Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser
If you need a heavy-duty antibacterial body wash that is still gentle on the skin, you’ll love this Hibiclens cleanser.
It’s formulated with 4% chlorhexidine gluconate, which kills and reduces bacteria and fungi lying on your skin. This helps eliminate germs that can cause sicknesses to keep you safe and healthy.
It even continues killing germs on the skin up to 24 hours after showering with it, making it an excellent preventative measure for diseases and infections.
While the formula is recommended for healthcare practitioners, it’s also gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin types at home. It’s an excellent antibacterial body wash for folliculitis and other delicate skin conditions that need alleviating.
It can also be used as an antiseptic cleanser for wounds, which is why it’s great in a medical setting. It also makes for a handy antibacterial body wash before surgery.
This cleanser comes in a huge 32 oz jug. That means you won’t run out quickly even if you use it daily.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate kills bacteria that can cause sicknesses
- Continues killing bacteria and germs 24 hours after use
- Gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin types with delicate conditions
- Can be used as an antiseptic cleanser on wounds
- Comes in a big 32 oz bottle, so you won’t run out quickly
- Doesn’t create a sudsy, foamy lather
This Hibiclens body wash is super useful not just for everyday showers but for managing skin diseases and surgical wounds in a medical setup. Whether you’re a parent or a healthcare worker, this body wash will be terrific for you.
3. Dettol Antibacterial Body Wash
This Dettol antibacterial body wash is terrific for eliminating germs that can cause diseases and infections on the skin. It’s packed with antimicrobial active ingredients to keep harm away.
It also keeps your skin nourished and moisturized, allowing it to stay soft and touchable up to eight hours after your shower. That makes it suitable for all skin types, even those with particularly sensitive skin.
This body wash works wonders for calming irritation, be it in the form of painful boils or itchy eczema flare-ups. It calms the skin, providing quick relief to bring you some comfort back.
It has a distinct aroma with notes of lavender and white musk, leaving your skin smelling floral and fresh all day. The scent is relaxing, which is great for calming your mind in the shower.
You get two big bottles of this body wash in a single pack, so it’s economical and provides an amazing bang for your buck.
- Protects your body from harmful, disease-causing germs
- Keeps your skin soft and moisturized for up to eight hours after use
- Suitable for sensitive skin types that can’t handle irritating soaps
- Helps clear up boils and eczema flare-ups
- Has a lavender and white musk fragrance that smells fresh
- Economical because you get two big bottles in one pack
- The floral scent can be a bit strong and overbearing for some
This Dettol cleanser is a fantastic antibacterial body wash for boils, eczema, and anyone with a drier skin type. It’s especially enthralling for anyone who loves the smell of lavender!
4. Derma-nu Anti-fungal Therapeutic Soap
This Derma-nu body wash is different from the other soaps we’ve talked about thus far in that it is made with natural ingredients and essential oils.
Its hero ingredient is tea tree oil, which is known for its antibacterial, antiviral properties. It helps wash away bacteria and fungi that can cause infections such as jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworm, nail fungus, and more.
Aside from tea tree oil, this body wash boasts a refreshingly invigorating blend of minty essential oils, including peppermint, eucalyptus, wintergreen, and spearmint oils. These oils soothe irritation and itching from dryness.
This body wash gets rid of foot and body odor that can lower your self-esteem. It leaves your skin smelling fresh, cool, and clean instead.
The soap base includes aloe leaf juice and olive oil, which help nourish the skin, leaving it plump and hydrated.
- Tea tree oil with antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties
- Protects against jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, & other skin infections
- Has a blend of minty essential oils to soothe itchy, inflamed skin
- Eliminates foot and body odor, leaving your skin smelling fresh and cool
- Contains aloe leaf juice and olive oil to hydrate the skin
- The consistency is watery and thin, so you tend to use more than you should
If you love the smell of mint and tea tree oil, this organic antibacterial body wash by Derma-nu is perfect for you. Bask in the invigorating scent of the essential oils while protecting your skin from harmful, infection-causing fungi.
5. Safeguard Antibacterial Beige Soap
The Safeguard Beige soap is a favorite among those who use antibacterial soap daily. It’s formulated with triclocarban which helps eliminate up to 99% of disease-causing bacteria. Because of this, it’s a great soap to keep by the sink to wash your hands with throughout the day.
The soap serves as a deodorant, getting rid of any foul odors and leaving your skin smelling clean and refreshed. That makes it a wonderful antibacterial body soap for body odor if you’re having any issues with that.
While this soap always makes your body feel squeaky clean after a quick shower, it never leaves your skin dry and tight. Instead, it maintains your skin’s natural moisture levels. Plus, it never leaves an annoying oily residue on the skin.
This soap pack provides awesome value. You get a total of 14 bars of soap in a single pack, so you’ll never have to worry about running out. You’ll always be stocked up in your cupboards.
- Triclocarban eliminates up to 99% of germs and bacteria
- Deodorizes your body, leaving it only feeling clean and refreshed
- Leaves your body feeling squeaky clean with no oily or waxy residue
- Maintains your skin’s optimal, natural moisture levels
- Value pack provides 14 bars of soap in one pack
- Doesn’t lather up as well as other Safeguard soaps
This is a fantastic option if you’re looking to buy top-notch soap in huge amounts. You can leave one Safeguard Beige bar in every sink in the house to ensure you and your family are safe from harmful fungi and germs.
6. Dial for Men Odor Armor Body Wash
If you need the utmost odor-controlling power in your daily soap, check out this best antibacterial body wash for men by Dial. It cleanses the skin deeply, delivering the most thorough cleanse. It washes away all the sweat, dirt, and debris trapped on your skin after a long, tiring day.
It’s designed with Dial’s unique odor-neutralizing technology, protecting your body from foul odors for up to 24 hours. It eliminates bacteria that can cause these odors, as well as other conditions brought about by germs.
A little goes a long way with this soap. You only need a little gel to create a bubbly lather on your loofah, which can then wash your entire body.
It comes in a fresh, manly scent that lingers all day. That’s perfect for those worried about body odor.
- Cleans the skin deeply and thoroughly to rid of all the dirt and debris
- Odor-neutralizing technology to avoid foul smells for up to 24 hours
- Eliminates bacteria that can cause odors and other conditions
- You only need a tiny amount to wash your whole body
- The fresh scent lingers all day, so no worry about body odor
- The smell can be strong and overpowering
If you need extra cleansing and odor-killing power after your workouts, this body wash from Dial is the best one for you. It’s a terrific mens antibacterial body wash because of its long-lasting effectivity and fresh, masculine scent.
7. Dettol Original Antibacterial Body Wash
Here’s another Dettol body wash set—this time with a milder fragrance. This original antibacterial body wash controls bacteria that can cause body odor and fungal infections leading to itchiness and skin issues.
If you have a sensitive skin type suffering from delicate skin conditions like eczema, you’ll love this body wash. It helps soothe flare-ups, so you don’t constantly feel distracted by them.
A small amount of this body wash goes a long way. With a tiny bit of product on your scrub or loofah, you can create lots of foamy bubbles to wash with from head to toe.
This body wash leaves your skin with a super fresh scent, but it’s very pleasant and is only mild. It’s not overpowering, so you don’t have to worry about it lingering under other people’s noses when you’re around them.
This set comes with two bottles of body wash, each with a pump for easy use in the bathroom.
- Controls bacteria that cause odors and infections on the skin
- Soothes sensitive skin types, especially those with eczema
- A little of it already creates a lot of bubbly lather in the shower
- Leaves the skin with a mild, pleasant smell of freshness
- Comes in a pack of two big pump bottles
- Dries out the skin, so you need to follow up with a lotion
If you want a simple, fuss-free antibacterial cleanser in your shower without any harsh and overwhelming scents, this Dettol body wash is the one for you.
8. Buena Skin Tea Tree Body Wash
This body and foot wash by Buena Skin boasts of an all-natural formula made with botanical extracts and nourishing oils. It doesn’t include harsh detergents and cleaning agents, so it won’t irritate even the most sensitive skin types.
It has tea tree oil that helps soothe the skin and eliminate pungent odors on your body. Coupled with cranberry, peppermint, and linseed oil, among others, the tea tree oil leaves your skin fresh all day.
The extra-strength formula ensures that you’ll get rid of stubborn germs that latch onto your skin and leave severe, uncomfortable skin infections. It eliminates jock itch, nail fungus, ringworm, and other infections.
This body wash is also full of nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter. While coconut oil moisturizes the skin deeply to combat dryness, olive oil and shea butter condition the skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- All-natural formula without harsh chemicals and skin irritants
- Tea tree oil & other essential oils rid of foul odors and leave the skin fresh
- Extra-strength formula removes stubborn germs that latched onto the skin
- Eliminates jock itch, nail fungus, and other infections
- Contains coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter to nourish the skin
- Can be too strong and potent for sensitive body parts
This Buena Skin soap is amazing for those who need an extra-strong solution to skin infections while still moisturizing their skin sufficiently. And because it’s made of natural ingredients, it’s a fabulous antibacterial body wash for sensitive skin.
9. Dove Sensitive Skin Hypoallergenic Body Wash
This Dove body wash was formulated specifically for sensitive skin that needs assistance with washing away bacteria. It rids the skin of any excess dirt, impurities, and bacteria and softens it at the same time.
It’s made with Dove’s signature moisture renew blend to nourish the skin and eliminate dryness once and for all. Because it’s so creamy and hydrating, it leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
This formula contains naturally-derived cleansers and other plant-based moisturizers, including sunflower seed and soybean oils. This makes the formula less irritating and friendlier to sensitive skin.
It’s also hypoallergenic, so if you have trouble looking for body washes tailored to your problematic skin, this one might be the one for you. You’re likely to get no negative reactions with this skin-friendly formulation.
- Washes away dirt, impurities, and bacteria on your skin
- Nourishes the skin with a moisture renewing blend to combat dryness
- Leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth after your bath
- Made with naturally-derived cleansers and plant-based ingredients
- The formula is hypoallergenic, so it’s perfect for your sensitive skin type
- Still contains fragrance, which may be irritating to uber-sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin and don’t mind light, clean scents in your body washes, try out this hypoallergenic antibacterial soap by Dove. It eliminates bacteria all over your body without drying out your sensitive skin.
10. Truremedy Naturals Tea Tree Soap
This Truremedy Naturals body wash contains a combo of peppermint oil and tea tree oil. Both have antibacterial properties that eliminate fungi and bacteria on your body that can cause infections and other diseases.
These ingredients also work with aloe to soothe and calm your dry and irritated skin. Meanwhile, nourishing vegetable oils like coconut, jojoba, and olive oils hydrate the skin deeply, allowing for a softer, smoother complexion.
All these natural oils and botanicals help soothe itchiness and discomfort from skin issues or infections you may be facing. These include jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworm, rashes, and more.
This body wash has deodorizing properties as well. It helps remove foul odors from your feet and body, leaving it smelling cool and minty because of the strong essential oils. It’s a great soap to use for showering after working out.
- Peppermint and tea tree oil get rid of fungi and bacteria that can cause infection
- Tea tree, peppermint oil, and aloe work to calm dry and irritated skin
- Coconut, jojoba, and olive oils hydrate the skin for softness
- Soothes itchiness and discomfort from jock itch, athlete’s foot, rashes, and more
- Deodorizes the body, leaving it cool and minty
- Can irritate sensitive areas with thinner skin, like women’s private parts
If you love cool, refreshing fragrances from natural botanicals, this soap by Truremedy Naturals might be for you. It’s amazing for calming the skin, and with its prowess in getting rid of bacteria and fungi, it’s a must-have if you’re prone to skin infections.
11. Oriso Anti-Fungal Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
This Oriso body and foot wash contains detoxifying botanical ingredients to help defend your body from fungi and bacteria that can lead to infections. It helps alleviate the symptoms of acne, ringworm, eczema, jock itch, and other skin issues.
It has a 5% tea tree oil concentration, higher than the usual for an antibacterial soap. This ensures that the oil can cleanse and purify your skin sufficiently. It’s also good because you can reap more of the benefits of tea tree’s antimicrobial properties.
This body wash is formulated without harsh, stripping ingredients, including sulfates. Because it doesn’t have any irritating cleaning agents, it’s suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
The essential oils in the formula leave your skin smelling minty and fresh. That makes this body wash a great deodorizer for when your body and feet smell funky.
- Defends your body from infection-causing fungi and bacteria
- Helps get rid of acne, ringworm, jock itch, and more skin issues
- Has a high concentration of tea tree oil to cleanse and purify your skin
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin because it doesn’t have harsh chemicals
- Leaves your skin smelling lively and minty thanks to the essential oils
- The fragrance has a medicinal note, which may not be to everyone’s liking
This natural body wash by Oriso is a fantastic antibacterial soap for sensitive skin. It doesn’t contain harsh sulfates but still thoroughly cleanses the skin while defending it from fungi that can lead to pesky infections.
12. Premium Nature Tea Tree Body Wash
This Premium Nature body wash prides itself on being formulated only with natural oils and botanical ingredients. This makes it suitable for sensitive skin because it isn’t as irritating as other body washes.
Its hero ingredients are tea tree, peppermint, oregano, and rosemary oils. These work together to kill dirt and bacteria in their wake, protecting you from skin infections and other diseases.
This body wash is also infused with jojoba oil, a light oil known for its hydrating and softening properties. It helps leave your skin smooth and supple to the touch.
Unlike other all-natural body washes, this one provides a rich, creamy lather once hit by running water. It makes for an incredibly satisfying shower experience.
The body wash has a mild mint scent but never leaves your skin smelling too strong or overbearing. It just has a light, pleasant tea tree smell to keep you feel fresh all day.
- Made only with natural oils and ingredients, so it’s not irritating
- Tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, and oregano oils kill dirt and bacteria
- Jojoba oil conditions the skin, leaving it soft and supple
- Provides an amazing lather, even if it’s all-natural
- Leaves the skin smelling pleasant without being overly strong
- The lid is difficult to work with
Tea tree oil is a cult favorite when it comes to ridding your body of infection-causing bacteria. Try this body wash out if you want to experience tea tree’s antibacterial benefits without being overwhelmed by its strong smell.
13. Jason Tea Tree Normalizing Conditioner
Your body isn’t the only area you need to watch out for when it comes to bacteria. Sometimes, it’s your scalp that needs extra protection from infections and flakiness.
This conditioner by Jason is formulated with hydrating ingredients to moisturize your scalp. The correct level of moisture helps provide relief from flakiness and itching on your head.
It’s infused with tea tree oil, known for its antibacterial benefits, and aloe vera, which is hydrating and soothing on the skin. Together, these powerhouse ingredients calm your scalp while conditioning your locks.
It also has jojoba oil to hydrate the scalp even more, allowing it the moisture it needs to stay healthy. It also leaves your hair lustrous and nourished as a bonus.
This conditioner doesn’t contain potentially irritating chemicals that can make matters worse, like sulfates, phthalates, and parabens.
- Moisturizes the scalp to provide relief from flaking and itchiness
- Tea tree oil and aloe vera to soothe the scalp while conditioning your locks
- Jojoba oil leaves your hair nourished and shiny while adding hydration
- Doesn’t contain irritating ingredients, like sulfates and parabens
- It’s challenging to squeeze the product out of the bottle
Body washes aren’t the only shower product that protects your skin against infections—conditioners are great for the scalp too. If your dry scalp is prone to infection, try out this tea tree conditioner by Jason.
14. Dr. Lift Antibacterial Body Wash
This body wash by Dr. Lift is formulated with 0.13% benzalkonium chloride, an active antiseptic ingredient that helps clean your skin thoroughly. This helps kill up to 99.9% of bacteria and germs lying around on your skin, leading to sickness and uncomfortable skin infections.
This body wash helps calm irritation and itching from delicate skin conditions, including eczema flare-ups, which are usually hard to manage. It’s a great soap to have if you suffer from irritating skin episodes like those.
The formula is infused with botanicals that nourish the skin, providing it with long-lasting hydration. Your skin will be soft and smooth with regular use of this body wash.
It’s suitable for sensitive skin since the formula doesn’t include potentially harsh chemicals like lanolin, mineral oils, formaldehyde, and parabens. Instead, you only get the cleanest ingredients that hydrate your skin and rid it of impurities and bacteria that can be detrimental to your health.
- Contains benzalkonium chloride – an antiseptic to clean the skin thoroughly
- Kills up to 99.9% of germs and bacteria that cling onto your skin
- Can calm irritation and delicate skin conditions, like eczema
- Gives your skin long-lasting hydration to keep it smooth and soft
- Free of harsh ingredients like formaldehyde, parabens, and lanolin
- Comes in a small 240ml bottle, so you may need to repurchase it often
This Dr. Lift body wash gives you the deepest cleanse possible, getting rid of bacteria that are too stubborn to be lifted away. Thanks to its antiseptic and botanical ingredients, your skin will be germ-free while still maintaining softness and moisture.
What to Look for When Buying an Antibacterial Body Wash
- Kills infection-causing germs and bacteria to prevent itching and flare-ups
Look for body washes that contain active ingredients meant to kill germs and bacteria that can cause infections, like benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine gluconate. These will prevent skin diseases and infections that can cause itching and irritation on the skin.
If a natural antibacterial body wash is more your thing, go for botanicals and essential oils with antimicrobial properties, such as tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and eucalyptus oil.
- Cleanses the skin thoroughly to get rid of dirt and impurities that cause bad odor
While killing bacteria is the main purpose of antibacterial soaps and body washes, you’d do well to opt for one that deodorizes the body too. Some forms of bacteria won’t cause infections but can leave your feet and body smelling funky.
A good antibacterial body wash for body odor will help neutralize foul odors from sweat and grime on your body, leaving your skin smelling fresh and clean for a boost of confidence.
- Formulated with hydrating ingredients to combat dryness and itching
If you have a dry skin type, you might want to search for a body wash containing hydrating ingredients to restore your skin’s moisture balance.
Keep your eyes peeled for body washes and soaps that contain coconut oil, olive oil, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid. These keep your skin smooth, supple, and moisturized.
- Contains soothing ingredients that can provide relief from itching and inflammation
Fungal infections on the skin can cause a lot of irritation, whether it’s redness, flaking, or severe itchiness. Ensure your soap is infused with skin-soothing ingredients, like tea tree oil or green tea, to help manage the irritation and provide immediate relief.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Good Antibacterial Body Wash
An efficient antibacterial body wash should kill germs and bacteria that pose the threat of fungal infections, body odor, and other problems. It should wash thoroughly while still being gentle on sensitive skin types.
Some of the best body washes that tick all these boxes include the Hibiclens Antimicrobial and Antiseptic Skin Cleanser and the Dettol Antibacterial pH-Balanced Body Wash.
Can Body Wash Kill Bacteria
Yes, it can. As long as your body wash contains antibacterial ingredients and essential oils, such as benzalkonium chloride and tea tree oil, it will help kill germs and bacteria lingering on your skin. This prevents skin infections like jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and others from materializing.
Is Antibacterial Body Wash Better
Yes, opting for an antibacterial body soap or body wash is more beneficial than using ordinary soap. It has the same cleansing power as a body wash that thoroughly washes your skin but goes the extra mile by preventing fungal infections and germs from sticking to your skin.
Is Dove Body Wash Antibacterial
Dove is known for some of the most nourishing soaps in the market. Their products are perfect for sensitive skin types. But the question on everyone’s mind is this: is Dove sensitive skin soap antibacterial? You’ll be happy to know that it is!
While the Dove antibacterial body wash under the Sensitive Skin line doesn’t come in that classic beauty bar form, it helps protect the skin from bacteria that can cause infections. It does so while providing moisturizing creaminess to dry skin types.
So next time you hit the grocery shelves to go shopping for a body wash, make sure you choose one with bacteria-fighting properties. Using the best antibacterial body wash you can find is an excellent way to prevent unexpected itching, flaking, and discomfort on your skin.
Whether you go for a body wash packed with antiseptic ingredients or mild antibacterial soaps, your skin will always be protected from infections and viruses that can potentially bring you harm.
Do the best thing you can for your skin and your overall health by switching to a good antibacterial body wash today.