The African black soap benefits are no secret! This soap is one of the best allies for taking care of your skin.
It is of natural origin, and it has been used for many years in oriental cosmetics and is one of the miracle ingredients honored in hammam rituals.
Find out what properties and benefits are attributed to black soap, and learn how to use it in your daily beauty routine!
What is Black Soap?
- The African Black soap originates from Morocco, where it has long been used by women to take care of their skin and that of their children.
- It is made from potash, olive oil, and whole black olives. The ingredients used in its composition are traditionally natural.
- The soap comes in various forms. In skincare, it comes in the form of a thick black paste, which tends more or less towards green or brown depending on the oil used in its manufacture.
- They generally have no odor, unless essential oils are incorporated into its preparation to give it additional properties or a fragrance.
What are the Skincare Benefits of The African Black Soap?
No matter your skin type, dry or oily, this soap will have positive effects on your skin.
1. Skin exfoliant
In oriental rituals, the African black soap is used as a scrub to prepare the skin for future care.
Even if it has no grains, its action on the skin helps to eliminate dead cells, toxins, and impurities that clog the pores.
To obtain smooth and radiant skin, exfoliation can be practiced both on the skin of the face and on the body.
This oriental technique, regularly practiced in the hammam, is ideal for preparing your skin for care, or even better hydrating it so that your usual cream can better penetrate the upper layers of the epidermis.
In addition to its natural exfoliating power, the soap has moisturizing properties. Rich and nourishing, it helps your skin fight against dehydration, sometimes caused by external aggressions such as pollution or UV rays.
It is also an excellent ally against cellulite, but also to reduce scars. This soap contains vitamin E, which gives it an antioxidant power, essential to fight against cell oxidation linked to skin aging.
Thus, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is visibly reduced and their appearance is rarer. It is therefore ideal for allowing you to regain smooth skin. Finally, it soothes damaged or irritated skin.
It, therefore, has multiple benefits for the body. That is why it is recommended to use it regularly to take care of your skin, whether in the hammam or at home.
5. Safe for all skin types
If you have dry or sensitive skin, you know that scented soaps or lotions are off-limits for you. African black soap is 100% pure with no added fragrance. That is why it is very healthy and safe to use for all skin types.
6. Does not make the skin oily or greasy
This soap hydrates your skin without making it oily.
7. Helps calm irritation
It relieves the itching caused by eczema and various skin allergies. It can even help get rid of rashes caused by eczema or psoriasis. To maximize these specific benefits, one must find African black soap with added oats.
The black soap is rich in vitamin A and E. These vitamins are both antioxidants, which helps in the fight against inflammation.
9. Helps fight acne
Through these same properties, it helps fight acne. Shea butter helps repair skin cells that have been attacked. Also, its anti-microbial properties help against microbial acne.
10. Improves Skin Texture
African black soap is full of natural ingredients, but part of its benefits come from its shape. When left unprocessed, the raw ingredients that make up black soap leave the product much less smooth than conventional soap, even from a drugstore. This makes it a natural exfoliant, which can help improve the texture of the skin.
11. Reduces Hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is often caused by acne scars and the sun – two things African black soap helps soothe or prevent.
12. Slows the formation of stretch marks
And it also helps reduce the itching associated with these.
The natural antibacterial properties of black soap make it a great alternative to consumer products you find in stores. And even more: black soap kills more bacteria than industrial chemicals. And despite its effectiveness, black soap remains very gentle on the skin of the face, hands, and body.
How to take care of your skin?
- To take care of your skin with black soap, you simply take a small piece of soap, and rub it in your hands, until it foams slightly.
- Then, you have to use it on the parts of the body that you want to cleanse.
- If you are looking specifically to exfoliate, you can simply take a larger piece of soap, apply it directly to your skin without lathering it upstream, and rub until your dead skin is gone.
- You can go a little further by performing a body scrub. To do this, mix African black soap with brown or white sugar, and use it as a natural scrub.
How to take care of your face?
- Black soap is a very mild soap that you can also use on your face, even for more sensitive skin.
- It treats acne or blackhead problems particularly well. And also slows down the appearance of fine lines.
- You can make a face mask if you wish.
- Take small pieces of the soap and let it dissolve in hot water. Then mix in 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 5 drops of tea tree essential oil. Mix this well and apply on your face and neck and let dry. Gently massage and rinse with water.
- You don’t need to rub too hard even if you are using it on another part of the body and not on your face.
African Black Soap Benefits for Hair
- Black soap is used as a replacement for shampoo to wash and condition your hair.
- You can also apply it pure to the roots of your hair. Then massage the skull and leave for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- In order to regenerate the scalp without irritating it, limit its use to once a month. For frequent use, prefer African black soap.
How to take care of your hair?
- The great thing about it is that black soap can be applied everywhere: you can use it directly on the skin, on the face, or on the hair. It will keep all its efficiency!
- So, to apply it to your hair, you can use it in solid or liquid form, at your convenience and according to your preferences.
- To make liquid black soap, put a piece of the soap in a tablespoon and pour it into a bowl filled with lukewarm water to mix and dissolve it. Continue to mix until you get a perfectly smooth liquid, without lumps.
- You can now apply the liquid black soap to your hair freely.
- Finally, keep in mind the proper storage of soap. If not stored properly, African black soap will not last long and lose its properties.
How to Use the African Black Soap Effectively
It is possible to apply it in different ways, depending on the virtues sought by using this beauty product.
1. As a scrub
As an exfoliant, we recommend that you apply the soap using a Kassa glove, which can be found in most beauty institutes.
To do this, first, wet your body, then apply this soap to the affected area. Wait about ten minutes for the soap to work.
Then, using your Kassa glove, rub your skin to get rid of dead skin, impurities, and toxins accumulated on your epidermis. All you have to do is rinse, and you will rediscover soft and purified skin!
2. As a shower gel
Given its many moisturizing properties, it is quite possible to use it as a shower gel.
To do this, you just need to pour 2 tablespoons of black soap into a small bowl of hot water. This preparation will allow you to obtain the ideal amount of liquid black soap for a shower.
3. As a shampoo
Its pH, which is milder than most soaps, allows it to be used in shampoo.
Not all hair, especially oily hair, can adopt it. However, it is ideal for dry hair, which will be offered a nourishing treatment. Be sure to rinse your hair with plenty of clean water after shampooing.
4. As a skincare balm
To fight against dryness and bring firmness to your skin, you can choose to apply black soap to your bare skin.
Spread on the desired area, in a more or less thick layer according to your needs. Leave on like a hydrating mask for several minutes.
Once this time has elapsed, all you have to do is rinse, and you will observe the many benefits of the treatment on your skin.
3 Best African Black Soaps
Our Earth’s Secrets Raw African Black Soap
- 100% Natural Raw African Black Soap – Premium
- Product Origin: Ghana
Shea Moisture African Soap
- Detoxifying, yet gentle formula purifies and promotes healthy, supple-looking hair and skin.
- Shea African Soap is perfect for multipurpose everyday use. Use as body wash, shampoo, shaving soap, or a facial cleanser.
Dudu Osun Black Soap
- The package dimension of the product is: 3.7″L x7.1″W x3.8″H
- Country of origin is United States
What are the alternatives to African black soap?
If you don’t have the black soap at home, there are a number of natural products that can replace it and provide the same beneficial effects for your skin.
For example, you can use the Rasul or Aleppo soap, to bring a high dose of hydration to the skin.
Shea butter is also a preferred ingredient, just like argan oil, and jojoba oil, which are very often found in the composition of natural skincare and cosmetics.
If these two oils have the same nourishing effect, argan is more suitable for dry skin, while oily skin will prefer jojoba.
The last ingredient regularly used in cosmetics: aloe vera, whose properties keep the skin hydrated.
You now know African black soap benefits for your skin: exfoliating, moisturizing, smoothing, anti-ageing.
So many good reasons to want to adopt it!