If you have folliculitis, you know how much of a hassle it is to care for. When you start seeing those bumpy red rashes you know all too well, you can count on distracting itchiness mere minutes later.
A lot of work goes into caring for your skin if you suffer from folliculitis. Your doctor may prescribe creams and lotions to help soothe the pain and discomfort from flare-ups. You might even take some oral medication too. Another way to care for your skin daily is by cleansing it with the best body wash and soap for folliculitis.
The best soap for folliculitis is one that has antibacterial properties to kill your rashes at the very root— the bacteria that causes the infection in the first place. It should also soothe your skin to provide immediate and long-term relief from unexpected breakouts.
Here are some of the best soaps and body washes in the market for your delicate skin condition:
13 Dermatologist-Approved Body Wash & Soap to Get Rid of Folliculitis?
1. CLn Gentle Non-Drying Body Wash
This body wash from CLn may not be packed with botanicals and numerous actives, but it works wonders for folliculitis. It was designed primarily for those with sensitive, infection-prone skin. So it’s a fantastic option for those suffering from folliculitis, eczema, dermatitis, and even acne.
It goes as far as to eliminate the appearance of redness, itchiness, and flakiness that could come about if your skin is too dry. So if your complexion tends to go from dehydrated to irritated in mere minutes when you have one of your folliculitis flare-ups, this body wash can help.
Because it’s so effective in keeping breakouts at bay, it can be used as a gentler alternative to the usual steroid or antibiotic creams you apply topically.
It has a non-drying formula to ensure your skin stays soft, supple, and hydrated. This helps soothe any pain or itchiness. It’s also hypoallergenic, so you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals like triclosan, parabens, or steroids.
The only issue I have with this body wash is that its gel consistency makes it difficult to use on a loofah or sponge. I find that it tends to slip off of these because of its super light and slippery consistency. I recommend lathering it up with your hands instead before spreading the suds across your body.
- Designed primarily for sensitive, infection-prone skin
- Eliminates redness, itchiness, and flakiness on dry, irritated skin
- Can be used as a gentle alternative to steroid or antibiotic creams
- Has a non-drying formula so that your skin stays hydrated and supple
- Hypoallergenic formula that doesn’t contain harsh ingredients
- Can easily slip from your bath sponge or loofah because of the light consistency
If you’re looking for the best body wash for folliculitis that isn’t filled to the brim with harsh chemicals and ingredients, this fuss-free yet effective one from CLn might be just what you’re looking for. It offers a solution to your sensitive skin without being insanely harsh on it.
2. Ovante Folliculit Solution Antibacterial Body Wash
Ovante’s body wash for folliculitis is infused with herbal extracts that soothe the skin. These include tea tree oil and lemongrass oil, both known to help calm down inflamed, irritated skin.
These two essential oils are popular for their antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. This helps kill and zap away bacteria that could be growing and thriving on your skin. Making sure your skin is free of those nasty inhabitants helps lower your risk of getting some flare-ups.
Thanks to these ingredients, the body wash provides immediate relief if you’re going through pain and itchiness from surprise folliculitis flare-ups.
It also has immense cleansing power to efficiently wash your hair follicles while feeding them much-needed moisture to stay healthy and supply. The body wash penetrates deep into the skin to make sure it’s washing away all those impurities and dead skin that can clog the follicles.
One downside of this antibacterial body wash being infused with herbal extracts is that it leaves a strong and medicinal smell. It can be distracting and overwhelming in the shower, but rest assured that the odor doesn’t linger on your skin after you rinse at the end of your bath.
- Herbal extracts like tea tree oil and lemongrass oil to soothe the skin
- Has antibacterial properties that zap away bacteria
- Provides immediate relief to inflammation and itchy rashes from flare-ups
- Cleanses the hair follicles while replenishing the skin with moisture
- Penetrates deep in the skin to wash away dead skin cells and impurities
- Has a distracting medicinal odor from the herbal extracts in the formul
If you’re looking at natural alternatives to more commercialized folliculitis antibacterial soap options, you should give the Ovante body wash a go. The tea tree and lemongrass oils in the formula soothe the skin while giving it the deepest cleanse ever.
3. Hibiclens Antimicrobial and Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
This Hibiclens body wash is formulated with 4% chlorhexidine gluconate, an active ingredient known to kill fungi and bacteria that can cause infections on folliculitis-prone skin. It’s a terrific ingredient for its strong cleaning power.
It also works to safeguard your skin from germs for up to 24 hours after you shower. That means you’re protected for longer, even if you’re not frequently cleaning your skin with it.
This body wash’s formula has antiseptic properties, too. So if you need to wash up some wounds, cuts, and nicks at home, it’s the perfect cleanser to use to help your lesion stay infection-free.
Because this body wash is designed for oily and sensitive skin, it’s awesome for folliculitis and acne. It will soothe the skin and help eliminate red bumps that are super itchy and inflamed.
The best part is that this cleanser comes in an enormous 32 oz jug. You don’t have to worry about running out of it often. You’ll also save a lot of money from frequently repurchasing it.
If you’re a big fan of body washes that lather up in your hands or loofah, you might not like this cleanser. It’s so gentle that it doesn’t create those big, luxurious suds under running water. That said, it doesn’t mean it cleans your body and breakouts any less effectively.
- Contains 4% chlorhexidine gluconate to kill fungi and bacteria
- Protects against icky germs for up to 24 hours
- Has antiseptic properties that can clean wounds and cuts
- Designed for oily and sensitive skin, so it’s great for folliculitis and acne
- Comes in a huge 32oz jug, so you won’t run out of it for a while
- Doesn’t create a smooth, creamy lather that other body washes do
If you want a doctor-trusted antibacterial wash for folliculitis, this skin cleanser by Hibiclens is perfect for you. If it’s good enough to be used by healthcare professionals, it’s good enough to protect you and your family from folliculitis-causing infections.
4. Almond Clear Face & Body Wash
This face and body wash by Almond Clear boasts of mandelic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid found in almonds, as its star ingredient.
Mandelic acid exfoliates the skin to shed dead cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin underneath. It stimulates collagen production to delay the onset of wrinkles and fades dark spots left behind by old blemishes.
Aside from this, the body wash is also infused with nourishing botanical extracts, such as green tea, lemongrass, pomegranate, goldenseal, and more. These help soothe inflammation on the skin.
This formula washes away excess sebum and impurities clinging to your skin. It’s important to clean your skin of these, so they don’t clog your hair follicles.
You can use this body wash as an antibacterial face wash for folliculitis too. And if that isn’t versatile enough, you can even use it as a gentle shaving gel. It helps prevent razor burn and the formation of ingrown hairs, which can lead to folliculitis.
The formula doesn’t contain harsh ingredients that might scare your sensitive skin away, like sulfates, parabens, dyes, and fragrances.
But make sure to use a moisturizer or lotion after washing your skin with this cleanser. It can leave the skin dry, and that leads to flakiness if you suffer from folliculitis.
- Mandelic acid exfoliates the skin and stimulates collagen production
- Green tea, lemongrass, and other extracts soothe and nourish skin
- Washes away excess sebum that can clog your hair follicles
- Works as a face wash
- Can also be used as a shaving gel to keep razor burn and folliculitis at bay
- Doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, like sulfates, parabens, and dyes
- Can leave the skin dry, which can lead to flakiness
Experience the power of mandelic acid with this facial cleanser and body wash from Almond Clear. It’s an amazing way to prevent folliculitis since it washes your hair follicles clean and provides a comfortable shaving experience for no ingrown hairs.
5. TheraTree Soap Total Body Wash
If you love the minty smell of tea tree and nature, this body wash by TheraTree is sure to draw you in. It’s infused with the ever-popular, antibacterial tea tree oil, which works in tandem with neem oil to soothe irritated skin due to conditions like folliculitis.
It’s also formulated with coconut oil, olive oil, and several omega fatty acids. These help nourish the skin, moisturizing it just enough to keep it soft and supple after your shower.
The body wash is infused with mint essential oil, which gives it an invigorating and fresh scent. It’s a great way to wake up your mind and senses during your morning shower.
It creates a rich, sudsy, foamy lather, so you can wash your entire body with just a little bit of product.
The formula doesn’t contain harmful chemicals your skin might react to, such as detergents, skin-clogging silicones, and synthetic additives like dyes and fragrances.
However, it’s worth noting that the potent essential oils in the formula make this body wash quite strong. So much so that it can cause a slight tingling or burning sensation if your skin is extra-sensitive. It might not be the best for sensitive skin that reacts negatively to essential oils.
- Tea tree oil and neem oil soothe itchy, inflamed skin due to folliculitis
- Coconut oil, olive oil, and omega fatty acids moisturize your skin
- Mint essential oil provides a super fresh scent
- Creates a rich, bubbly lather, so you need only a bit of it to wash your body
- Doesn’t contain harmful chemicals like detergents and silicones
- The potent essential oils make it a bit too strong for uber-sensitive skin
This organic folliculitis body wash is perfect if you love aromatherapy and are looking for the right tea tree cleanser to treat your flare-ups. Tea tree soothes itchy skin and refreshes your body and mind in the shower, so you hit two birds with one stone.
6. Purely Northwest Tea Tree Oil Foot and Body Wash
Purely Northwest’s body wash is made with tea tree oil, which has natural antifungal properties that make it fabulous for getting rid of folliculitis. It bands together with other natural ingredients in this formula to target itchiness and irritation when you have a skin infection.
Some of these ingredients include oregano, rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus, and cajeput extracts, to name a few. They work together to soothe your skin when it’s uncomfortable because of a flare-up.
This body wash unclogs your pores and follicles to make sure they’re not susceptible to acne. It also kills fungi and bacteria that linger on your skin. That makes it a great body wash to prevent and treat skin infections like folliculitis, jock itch, yeast infections, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and more.
You’ll love this body wash if you have issues with body odor. It combats foul odors from your feet and body, so it’s great to freshen up with after working out at the gym.
Note that because this body wash has a strong tea tree oil scent, it tends to linger on the skin for a long time. This can be overpowering throughout the day and even mask the aroma of your perfume.
- Tea tree oil and a blend of natural ingredients target irritation
- Oregano, rosemary, peppermint, and other botanical extracts soothe the skin
- Unclogs pores and hair follicles that have excess sebum
- Kills fungi and bacteria that cause folliculitis, jock itch, yeast infections, …
- Combats any foul odors emanating from your feet and sweaty body
- Has quite a strong, lingering tea tree scent
Beat not just folliculitis but any other skin infection you can think of with this body wash by Purely Northwest. It has natural antifungal properties, thanks to its hardworking blend of essential oils.
Best Antibacterial Body Washes
7. Truremedy Naturals Remedy Soap
This foot and body wash from Truremedy Naturals is formulated with tea tree oil, peppermint, and aloe vera. These work hand in hand to kill bacteria lying around on your skin, which can cause itchiness and flare-ups from folliculitis.
The formula soothes any irritation from rashes, which is one of the major symptoms of folliculitis breakouts.
It’s infused with nourishing ingredients, like jojoba, coconut, and olive oils, as well as tons of omega fatty acids. This helps replenish your moisture levels in the skin to leave it conditioned and smooth.
In addition to their antifungal properties, tea tree and peppermint also help deodorize the body with their strong, relaxing scents. With these, you’ll smell fresh and clean after every shower.
This formula was created with sensitive skin in mind. It doesn’t contain chemicals that can be potentially irritating to rash-prone skin, like sulfates, silicones, and unnecessary additives like dyes and fragrances.
However, this soap’s consistency is on the oily side since it’s ridden with so many nourishing oils and essential extracts. Because of the oil content, the soap is quite hard to lather up. It doesn’t provide the same bubbly lather as with other body washes you might be used to.
- Kills fungi and bacteria that make your skin itchy and cause flare-ups
- Soothes irritation from rashes, which are common in folliculitis sufferers
- Omega, jojoba, coconut, and olive oils moisturize the skin to leave it plump
- Tea tree and peppermint deodorize the body for a fresh and clean smell
- Doesn’t contain irritating chemicals like synthetic dyes & fragrances
- The consistency is quite oily, so it has a hard time lathering up in foam
If you want to prevent folliculitis and skin infections while boosting the moisture levels in your skin, this Truremedy Naturals soap is for you.
8. CLn High Performance SportWash
Athletes and sports lovers who sweat profusely every day should use this high-performance CLn gel body wash to freshen up after their workouts. It’s designed for people prone to acne, folliculitis, and other infections because of their active lifestyle.
It’s made with sodium hypochlorite, an active ingredient that is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. It helps get rid of microbes and bacteria that you can’t see with the naked eye. These dangerous germs are the reason why you get folliculitis to begin with, so it’s great that this body wash can kill them.
It also helps prevent other common skin conditions, such as acne on the body (especially the back and chest area) and even body and foot odor.
The formula is gentle on the skin and super safe to use because it doesn’t contain harsh ingredients like steroids, antibiotics, and artificial fragrance.
The only bad thing about this antibacterial soap for folliculitis is that it comes in such a small 12 oz bottle. If you use it daily as you go on your gym runs and workout sessions, you’ll be sure to run out quite fast. This leads to more frequent repurchasing.
- Designed for athletes who are prone to folliculitis and other conditions
- Contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory sodium hypochlorite
- Eliminates microbes and bacteria to be infection-free
- Can prevent other skin conditions, like acne and body or foot odor
- The formula doesn’t have any steroids, antibiotics, or fragrance
- Comes in a measly 12oz bottle, which runs out quickly if you use it daily
If you’re an athlete or love to work out in your local gym, you can’t miss out on this CLn body wash. It’s the best way to protect yourself from folliculitis and other infections, so you can keep grinding without skin irritation.
9. CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash
This CeraVe soap is a holy grail among those prone to acne and other breakouts. It smoothes out the skin when it’s bumpy and has lots of rough patches, whether it’s from acne or folliculitis or anything in between.
It has salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin. It sheds dead skin cells that can end up clogging your pores and hair follicles, leading to ingrown hairs and then folliculitis.
It also has some niacinamide in the formula, which helps soothe any itching and uncomfy inflammation on the skin.
Meanwhile, essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid hydrate the skin. They make sure that even if you’re scrubbed clean, your skin is still soft, plump, and moisturized.
The formula is non-comedogenic, so you don’t have to worry about the ingredients clogging your skin. It’s also fragrance-free, a must for super sensitive skin prone to flare-ups when irritated.
Because CeraVe’s formulas are so minimalist and clean, this body wash doesn’t lather up as well as other soaps with tons of sulfates and detergents. While it’s a good thing that the formula is gentle, it might not create that lather you love in other soaps.
- Smooths out rough and bumpy skin from acne and folliculitis breakouts
- Salicylic acid exfoliates the skin to shed dead skin cells that can clog hair follicles
- Contains niacinamide to soothe itchiness and inflammation on the skin
- Made with hyaluronic acid and essential ceramides to hydrate the skin
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free, so it’s great for sensitive skin
- It can be challenging to create that foamy lather you love in soaps
This CeraVe body wash is terrific for anyone looking to nurse their skin back to smoothness and softness after a bad folliculitis flare-up or acne breakout. It leaves the skin clean, blemish-free, and oh-so-hydrated.
10. Hibiclens Antimicrobial Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
If the Hibiclens cleanser we talked about previously caught your eye, but you don’t want a giant bottle, you can try out this 8oz version first to see if you like it.
This cleanser’s size is smaller than its huge 32oz counterpart, so it’s better for travel. It’s also a great size to go for if you’re unsure about it and want to try it out before committing to the bigger size.
It’s made of 4% chlorhexidine gluconate, which helps wash away and kill microbes and germs that can bring you harm through skin infections. The effect of this is persistent on the skin, protecting from germs up to 24 hours after you wash with it.
Because of the small size, it’s great to have it stationed on your bathroom sink for hand-washing. You can also use it to clean wounds and cuts that need extra care.
One thing you may not like about this cleanser if you have sensitive skin is that it contains red dye. Synthetic coloring can be irritating to super delicate skin, so if you have a history of reacting badly to dyes, sit this cleanser out.
- Comes in a small bottle, great for travel and trying out the cleanser
- Made of 4% chlorhexidine gluconate to get rid of microbes and germs
- Has a persistent effect on the skin, protecting against bacteria for 24 hours
- Perfect for washing your hands in the bathroom sink
- Can also be used to clean fresh wounds and cuts
- Contains red dye, which can be irritating if you have super sensitive skin
Hibiclens cleansers have amazing antibacterial properties to protect you from infections and folliculitis. This 8oz cleanser is great if you can’t yet commit to the bigger bottle.
11. Natural Riches Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
This Natural Riches body wash is premium-grade and tailored to the needs of those who follow an active lifestyle. If you sweat a lot because of sports or regular workouts at the gym, you’re more prone to infections. That’s where this soap comes in.
This body wash soothes skin that is dry and itchy, especially when it’s because of skin conditions like infections and folliculitis. It’s made with tea tree oil that helps eliminate germs and fungi that cause these. It’s a great preventative soap for ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot, and more.
It’s also formulated with hydrating aloe and rich coconut and jojoba oils. These ingredients help nourish the skin, leaving it moisturized and soft.
The body wash is rich in vitamins, including vitamin A, C, D, E, and other B vitamins. These help strengthen and fortify your skin, making it more resilient against future flare-ups.
One thing to watch out for about this body wash is that it smells a bit strong and chemical-like, kind of like a mouthwash that’s both minty and medicinal in aroma. Thankfully, this scent doesn’t linger.
- A premium-grade body wash tailored to the needs of active people
- Soothes skin that is dry and itchy from folliculitis and other skin conditions
- Tea tree oil helps eliminate fungi and germs on the skin
- Prevents ringworm, athlete’s foot, and more
- Aloe, jojoba oil, and coconut oil hydrate the skin for softness
- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, and more to strengthen your skin
- Smells strong, like a mouthwash
Nourish your skin and feed it all the vitamins it needs to be healthy again after a folliculitis breakout. This body wash from Natural Riches is fantastic for soothing the skin and building it back up again.
12. Noble Formula Emu Oil Soap
Noble Formula’s soap is formulated with 2% pyrithione zinc, an active ingredient known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps kill and zap away bacteria and germs that can cause skin infections and even folliculitis.
This soap controls itchiness and other distracting symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other skin conditions, including folliculitis flare-ups.
It’s formulated with holy grail oils such as olive oil and emu oil, as well as milled oats. These three soothe the skin, especially when it’s red and inflamed—common side effects of folliculitis. They also help moisturize the skin barrier to keep it plump and soft to the touch.
This soap is low-comedogenic, which means it has a low chance of clogging up your pores and causing body acne. So it’s super safe to use even if you have particularly sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Because this soap is made with a plethora of oils, it tends to melt easily, especially when left in a soap dish with a water puddle. Keep this bar in a soap dish that drains liquid to prolong its lifespan.
- Formulated with 2% pyrithione zinc to kill bacteria and germs
- Controls distracting symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions
- Olive oil, emu oil, and milled oats soothe redness and inflammation
- Moisturize the skin so it can be soft and smooth all day
- Low-comedogenic not to clog your pores and cause acne
- Melts easily when left in a soap dish that doesn’t drain
This Noble Formula soap is the best bar soap for folliculitis. It heals and soothes breakouts while ensuring that your complexion is soft and moisturized, which is a big bonus.
13. ArtNaturals Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
Let’s cap off the list with one more soap that uses our fave tea tree oil as the hero ingredient. This ArtNaturals body wash has a soothing formula that is perfect for folliculitis sufferers. It’s made with tea tree oil and aloe vera, which both calm down itchy skin due to flare-ups.
This immediate relief helps ease any discomfort caused by delicate skin conditions like eczema and folliculitis, so you’ll be back on track living your life itch-free before you know it.
The body wash is also infused with eucalyptus and peppermint oils to give it a fresh and minty scent that isn’t as irritating as synthetic fragrances. They help deodorize the body, so if you often struggle with body odor, this body wash will be a lifesaver for you.
It’s also formulated to be less irritating than other body washes out there. It was designed not to contain potentially harmful chemicals, including sulfates and parabens that can trigger a bad reaction in some sensitive skin types.
However, note that this body wash can leave your skin a tad bit dry after your shower. Make sure to follow up with a good lotion or body oil to hydrate the skin.
- Made with a soothing formula that helps calm down itchy skin
- Tea tree oil and aloe vera provide relief for eczema, folliculitis, and more
- Peppermint and eucalyptus oils provide a fresh, minty fragrance
- Deodorizes your body to ensure you don’t face any troubles with body odor
- Doesn’t have sulfates and parabens, so you can use it on super sensitive skin
- Can leave your skin feeling a bit dry after the shower
This natural body wash is perfect for oily skin that needs help dealing with infections and folliculitis. It purifies and cleanses the skin thoroughly while soothing it and eliminating foul odors.
What to Look for When Buying Body Wash and Soap for Folliculitis
- Antibacterial properties to wash away infection-causing bacteria that make flare-ups worse Folliculitis is caused by hair follicles irritated by an infection, virus, or ingrown hairs. Because of this, your soap must kill bacteria before they bring your skin harm.
Since folliculitis can create small, itchy bumps on the skin, you can even opt for an acne antibacterial soap. It’s a great help if you have pimples and breakouts outside of your folliculitis, too.
- Contains soothing ingredients to relieve pain and itchiness on the skin
Make sure your body wash or soap’s ingredient list contains an active ingredient that soothes the skin. This is the key to making your skin feel comfy again after a bad flare-up.
It can be one with anti-inflammatory properties, like tea tree oil. But it can also be a hydrating ingredient that helps soften the skin, thereby curbing itchiness and irritation. One example of this is hyaluronic acid.
- Has hydrating ingredients so that your skin doesn’t get dehydrated
The drier your skin, the itchier and flakier it can be—two side effects of having a folliculitis breakout. So to ensure that your skin feels nice and smooth, look for hydrating ingredients in your soap and body wash.
Nourishing ingredients like coconut and olive oils do wonders for conditioning and softening the skin. They also help with minimizing patchiness and flakiness in the areas you had your flare-ups.
- Manufactured by a renowned brand that you can trust
Make sure you only buy your antibacterial body wash for folliculitis from a renowned and trusted brand—one that dermatologists recommend. These include CeraVe and Hibiclens, to name a few.
Another way to ensure that the brand you’re looking into is of good quality is by checking where it’s made. The US and European countries like France and the UK are known for manufacturing high-quality soaps and body washes.
If you need a second opinion on whether or not a brand is trustworthy, you can check out other people’s thoughts on forums like Reddit before making your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Body Wash and Soap for Folliculitis
There are high-quality and highly effective soaps and body washes for folliculitis—a case in point is the options mentioned above.
If you want to go for a more natural formula, you can opt for the likes of the Almond Clear Face & Body Wash or the TheraTree Soap Total Body Wash. They’re both rich in botanical extracts that soothe the skin.
If you’re more comfortable with a medicated body wash for folliculitis, the Hibiclens Antimicrobial and Antiseptic Skin Cleanser is one of the best folliculitis cleansers out there.
How Do You Clean Folliculitis
Cleaning your skin when it has a folliculitis flare-up does wonders in healing the area faster. All you have to do is wash your skin with the folliculitis soap of your choice, and then rinse with warm water. Gently wipe the area dry with a fresh, clean towel each time to avoid contamination.
What Aggravates Folliculitis
Unfortunately, some of the things you can do to aggravate folliculitis are the same things you’d do on instinct as soon as you see the rashes.
Scratching the itch furiously can make it worse because of how you’re irritating the bumps with your fingernails. This goes for picking at your rashes and scabs as well.
You also don’t want to cover it up with makeup, which would be a natural instinct if you were self-conscious about your condition. This can irritate your rashes further and make them worse.
When dealing with flare-ups from folliculitis, you need to make sure your skin is always clean. If you have too much product buildup from topical creams and gels, it could irritate your skin even more.
That’s why having the best body wash and soap for folliculitis at home will always prove beneficial. Healthy skin starts with clean skin, so washing with a high-quality antibacterial soap is your first step to managing and hopefully overcoming stubborn folliculitis.
Remember, the best way to get rid of folliculitis is by loving your skin, and that means making sure it’s clean and bacteria-free.