Here is the best way to safely detoxify your skin at home.
Do you have a dull, irritated, dark skin… It’s time to take a course to detoxify your skin! Indeed, the skin tissue tends to accumulate toxins from our food, but also from the environment in which we live.
At stake? Tired and damaged skin! How to detoxify your skin? What are the right actions to detoxify the facial skin? How to make a real detox cure? Veld’s tells you everything.
Why detoxify your skin regularly?
You often hear that it is good to purify your skin, to “detoxify” it, to do a detox cure. You wonder why?
Because detoxifying your skin regularly is what will make your skin beautiful and luminous on a daily basis. Every day, the skin absorbs and generates toxins.
When these are not evacuated, it quickly breaks down: dull complexion, dark circles, marked wrinkles, blackheads, and blackheads. Several factors can amplify the presence of toxins in the epidermis:
- Tobacco and alcohol use
- Too rich a diet
- Cosmetics or makeup not suitable for your skin
- A change of season or cosmetics that destabilizes your skin
To hunt for toxins (and dull complexion), the ideal is to detoxify your skin on a daily basis, by incorporating detoxifying and purifying treatments into your beauty routine.
At the same time, a cure to detoxify the skin by playing on the “internal” causes can offer a new start to your skin, especially at the change of season.
How to Detoxify Your Skin on a Daily Basis?
To detoxify the skin of the face in-depth, and above all, in a lasting way, it is essential to integrate certain gestures into your beauty routine.
1. Clean your skin well morning and evening
You can’t fight toxins without clearing up first. Every morning cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser, such as lavender or witch hazel water.
In the evening, remove makeup carefully, then cleanse your skin with a more active cleanser.
Going to bed with toxins anchored in the skin tissue is the best way to wake up with gray complexion and pimples!
Use a facial cleanser (daily) and a face exfoliant (at least once a week). The two treatments which, when used together, allow you to gently detoxify the skin of the face, every day.
2. Apply a detoxifying face mask every week
If good daily hygiene is the first step to detoxify the facial skin, the use of a purifying treatment in parallel is necessary.
Once or twice a week, apply a detoxifying face mask, which you leave on while respecting the instructions for use.
This will allow the care to absorb toxins and dislodge impurities in-depth, to really make a new skin and have a nice complexion.
For city dwellers particularly exposed to pollution, the detoxifying mask deeply detoxifies and strengthens the skin, to better protect the skin from pollution.
3. Hydrate your skin daily
We can never say it enough, hydration is the secret to beautiful skin! Regular hydration of the skin allows it to fully perform its functions of eliminating toxins.
Above all, the daily hydration of the skin helps strengthen its shield: the hydrolipidic film. This forms a layer on the surface of the skin, which protects it from external aggressions, and therefore from toxins linked to your environment.
Morning and evening, think about finalizing your skincare routine with an SPF moisturizer adapted to your skin type.
4. Steam your face or use a facial sauna every week
If you want to make a cure to detoxify your skin, here is your weapon! Today there are specific devices for making a facial sauna, or you can do it the old-fashioned way.
A large bowl of hot water, and a towel on your head! A 15-minute steam bath will open the pores, to remove toxins more easily.
For optimal results, you can even perform this operation before applying your detoxifying mask. The product will act better on open pores.
NOTE, if you have sensitive skin prone to redness, this treatment can accentuate the redness.
In the same way, the facial sauna should not be practiced just before going out, as the skin would then be too vulnerable to external aggressions. Rather do it in the evening, before applying your treatments.
How to Detoxify Your Skin From the Inside Out
Combining the above skincare routine with detoxifying your skin naturally is often the best way to get visible results.
To do so, every eye goes on the plate!
The vast majority of toxins in the body are due to the food we eat. They come primarily from excess sugar and fat.
- To detoxify your face as well as the body. It is essential to adopt a balanced diet: eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and reduce the proportion of starchy foods and meat.
- Avoid sugary snacks and turn to oilseeds, very good for the body, and to fruits like kiwi, apple, or oranges. Indeed, the latter have diuretic, purifying, and detoxifying virtues and offer an interesting contribution to vitamin C.
- If you are not a fan of fruits and vegetables, vary the forms. In a smoothie, mash, in soup, there are plenty of tasty ways to taste fruits and vegetables!
- To make a real cure to detoxify your skin, hydration (internal this time) is also crucial. Avoid sodas and sugary drinks, which cause carbs to explode more than they hydrate. Consume 1.5 L of water per day, and focus on tea and infusions.
- Indeed, infusions, rooibos, and teas are known for their diuretic properties, they help eliminate toxins from the body. In addition, green tea is rich in antioxidants, so it is perfect for regaining good looks and reducing the signs of aging.
- Finally, you can consume detoxifying plants. Be careful, like any dietary supplement, these will only be effective in addition to a balanced diet.
- For a successful detox cure, you can bet on birch juice or aloe vera juice. Burdock, wild pansy, and nettle have targeted actions to detoxify the skin.
You can find them in capsules in pharmacies or in specialist shops. If you want a more general detox, and in particular a detox of the liver after excesses, a cure of black radish or vegetable charcoal can be of great help.
This is a great daily routine on how to detoxify your skin on a regular basis. It will help you stay fit and free from breakouts and other unpleasant skin issues that come as a result of accumulated problems.